Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

E TREE......................................... LEAF FIFTEEN


The Dream



“I will not… Not today…. Yes, when the time is right… not today… But be warned girl. You are making a serious mistake. You’ll never come back.” And the two hands that tortured me left for good. 

That was the dream I’ve been having for the last two weeks. All I ever see is two hands, very white, choking me to death with the same words in a shrill voice. I’m a light sleeper most of the people say because, I dream a lot. But I never see the same dream twice but this one was way out of my hand. I told Cher about my dream. She didn’t pay much attention first but when I was having the same dream repeatedly for the seventh time, she told me to go to Ms. Cleanor. 

Ms. Cleanor did not ask me back anything but she wanted me to forget what I saw and continue my normal routine. I wanted to ask her what if I see it again, but for some reason I skipped that part.
“You should have asked her. I’m not surprised she didn’t take you seriously, must be something not unusual though.” Cher replied when I told her about my meeting with Ms. Cleanor.

“You know what? Dreams are dreams. Reality is far more interesting than a stupid dream Ish. Common, cheer up. We’ll miss the Basket Ball match if we don’t go now.” 

Cher was true. Dreams can’t hurt you unless you are being featured in a horror film and my life was definitely not a horror film. I tried to forget my dream and continue my normal work. When I got to bed to sleep at night, I was a bit nervous to fall asleep. But you can’t avoid sleep. Can you? I kept counting the time from inside my head with the help from the Grandfather’s clock chimes but before I could reach 1 in the morning, I was fast asleep once more.

“You won’t believe what happened last night Cher!” First thing I said to Cher when I saw her in the morning was that and she replied in a bored tone. 

“You saw the dream for the fifteenth time….. I know.”

“No, I did not!” I shout out.

“You didn’t? How come?” Cher was actually disappointed. I can’t blame her really. Even I was.

“I don’t know. I didn’t see it last night. I could remember anything actually. I was not tired like when I saw the dream. It was a safe and a sound sleep.”

“Hmmm…. Well, on the bright side, you are free of it. Good! But don’t you feel….” I knew what she was about to say.

“Yeah, I wondered that too but as far as I know Ms. Cleanor doesn’t have any powers related to dreams.” I told her about my suspicions.

“Nor she is a Flash.” Cher was thinking. She was right. Ms. Cleanor can’t have done anything or has she? Whatever or whoever, I was free of that nightmare. 

Nobody except Cher knew about my dream. I really did not trust anyone with such a dream because first, I thought no one would believe me. Second, people might think I was seeking attention or a freak. Third, if it actually meant something, it has to be someone who knows that I’m a Mind’s Eye and nobody except at school and my parents knew I was a Mind’s Eye. 

For almost three weeks, I didn’t have the dream. By the time, I actually forgot about it and was on to practicing to fight because Ms. Cleanor told us that she is going to give everyone a chance to battle. If you are about to demonstrate your power on a stage where everyone else can see you, who would not practice die hard? I was full on to it as I had to train all my powers. But then again, the night before the fight day I saw it again. But it was different this time. Same voice but different warning.

“Avoid the one in white girl. Mark my words, the one in white.” 

One in white? But who?

Every thought on E Tree counts. Please feel free to comment and review below.


Leaf Fourteen                                                                           

If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment