Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Saturday, July 7, 2012

E TREE......................................... LEAF TWELVE


A New Beginning



“I’m a Mind’s Eye. I’m not a Mind’s Eye. I’m a Mind’s Eye. I’m not a Mind’s Eye……..” Whenever I felt I doubtful about myself I kept chanting that to myself. I’m still not used to the idea of being a Mind’s Eye with full powers. And add to that, I learn in a school where Mind’s Eyes are trained to use their powers. Sounds fantastic, hah? Nope! Not to me though. Even with powers I was behind my studies and we were strictly prohibited to use our powers in exams. (Poor Cher!) When we got to know our last term results in 6ht Standard, I was the 11th in my class out of 44 and Cher was 5th. I was a bit relieved actually but not my parents. They were neither pissed nor satisfied but confused because they didn’t know whether to blame me or not. Of course they can’t blame me because I managed all that by myself with all the extra pains and aches from my Mind’s Eye ice braking.

When we were graduated to our 7th standard, our class was divided. Gladly Cher and Yaarah were in my class. We were put in A class this time with a whole new set of students. My 7th standard was the year that marked a great deal of a change in my whole life. Even though we were total strangers, my classmates got along well together. Our class teacher was Mrs. Veene. She was a real nice person to all of us. Soon after we were put into class A we found out something special about our class. That was everyone in the class was known to be best at their Mind’s Eye powers. It was like we were graded according to our powers. 

“You know what?” Cher started to whisper in my ear. “This class has the strangest minds I’ve read. Not to mention, I can’t read four minds out of the fifty and all the other minds are so powerful that I can’t keep reading them. I think it’s because of the training. You know, it’s a bit hard to read yours now than earlier because you are constantly training your mind now. I thought with the training, I’ll be able to expand my reading area. I mean, now I can read everyone within 10m or so but I can’t keep up reading for a long time. I can read none Mind’s Eyes for a longer time now though.”


“I don’t know. I mean I feel I have more powers now but I can’t use them like you whenever I want unless I feel a real need. I told Ms. Cleanor about it but she did not say anything. I’m useless all the time except at the training. At least you can use your powers all the time as you wish.” I told Cher.

It was true. I can’t go reading people’s minds or blasting others’ nerves just because I want. I had to feel a real need of it. I grew worried about it a bit because, in a school like White Lotus usually everyone uses their powers all the time. I felt like the only none Mind’s Eye person in the whole school. Cher always complains that I worry too much over silly things. I guess she was right. I do worry over even the tiniest thing but I can’t help it. But I learned to overcome my worries.

It took a whole week to prepare ourselves as 7th standard students in study wise. Our training sessions started after that. I told you earlier that this was the year that changed my life. Well, it certainly began with our first Mind’s Eye training session in 7th standard. I often asked myself what is the point of becoming a Mind’s Eye? I mean think of everything else you know. For example, Superman got his powers so that he can defeat bad people. So did Batman and Spiderman. Though they were fantasy they had something to do with their powers. So what is the point of us being Mind’s Eyes? Well my question was immediately answered.

“Welcome girls. A new year, a new beginning for all. Now that you all are a year older in White Lotus with lots of capabilities than you first were, it’s time to follow the game rules.” Ms. Cleanor continued. 

“Errrr… game rules??? What game rules exactly?” Cher asked me so did several other girls in the Camp.
“Game rules….. You have completed your basic training and now you are entitled to practice your powers to battle. If you can remember I saying in my first ever speech to you in this Camp….”

A cloudy mist erupted at the center of the hall above us. It was a memory. All could hear Ms. Cleanor’s voice.

“Unleashing the power within you is not easy. You will have to fight with the dark side of you. With power, your greed and anger may be provoked which will cause nothing but destruction. As young girls, women and ladies you carry the most unique position in life. You are the bearers of life of next generations. Your pathway in life is pre determined since the beginning of life and you cannot change that but support it. As women, support the mankind to avoid destruction. As mothers, spread the kindness to beat jealousy. As sisters, protect those who depend on you. As angels, spread the message of love to destroy hatred. And as Mind’s Eyes do your part to the benefit of goodness.” The cloud vanished into thin smoke.

“As women, support the mankind to avoid destruction. As mothers, spread the kindness to beat jealousy. As sisters, protect those who depend on you. As angels, spread the message of love to destroy hatred. And as Mind’s Eyes do your part to the benefit of goodness.” Ms. Cleanor repeated. 

“Your power is not only a gift for you but you are gifted with it so that you can use it for the greater good. To make this earth a better place away from the evil that spreads itself all over us. You are to fight with all your strength to vanquish that evil and establish the goodness in the world. That’s why you have become a Mind’s Eye.” Ms. Cleanor gave a piercing look.

“She wants us to fight?” Cher looked horrified! Who won’t be after listening to her?

Every thought on E Tree counts. Please feel free to comment and review below.


Leaf Eleven                                                                                                            Leaf Thirteen





If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment