Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lettuce Servings!!!!!

A little less fat and something tasty for your taste buds??? Well, I just found out a cool combination which is easy, healthy and good for your tummy. I was starving when I searched my whole kitchen for something I could just throw down my throat. I found lettuce which I really like to eat but most of the time, I eat them with rice. Then there was cauliflower and some tomatoes and thought of creating something with all that. The taste was excellent with crunchiness and tomato sauce. I just modified my recipe and try it out yourself to see. Sorry folks, for this one I don't have pictures because I couldn't resist but eat before I could take any photos.

Lettuce & Cauliflower servings

Ingredients 
6 leaves of medium sized lettuce leaves ( washed)
1/2 cup florets of cauliflower blanched for 2 minutes
1 red tomato cut into squares
1/2 tbsp chili flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup Mayonnaise sauce to serve
2 tbsp chopped onion  
salt to taste


Method
1. First, heat a pan and add the olive oil and then add the onion. Let it turn into a rose colour and add the cauliflower and mix well. Then add the chili flakes and salt to taste. Finally add the tomatoes and let it cool for 2 minutes.
2. Take the lettuce leaves and sprinkle some salt over them. Then place some of the cauliflower mixture and top it with some Mayonnaise sauce. Then roll over the lettuce leaf like a roll. You can use a tooth pick to keep it rolled. Serve hot with tomato sauce.

For extra taste, you can add a cheese layer to this. If you don't like cauliflower, you can change it to mushroom or even fish or chicken. If you are using chicken or fish don't forget to season them with salt pepper a little bit of vinegar and soy sauce before cooking to enhance the flavour. 


If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment