Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Letter To Daddy......

Dear Daddy, 
Where to begin??? It seems only yesterday that you took me into your arms and cuddled me when I was crying in hospital. Though I don't remember anything I know you must have been really upset and really happy that day because mom left you alone giving birth to me. You never complained and you took me with a smile. You fed me, put up with my crying, you let me sleep sound at your sleepless nights. You never thought of me as a trouble. Your problems were gone with my smile. You never complained...

It was my first day at kindergarten and you were in a hurry to go to work. I felt strange with so many kids and their parents and teachers. But you knelt before me and said "Never let the fear of something take over you". I was a kid but he knew I understood it. It was hard to find money for school and you had to do overtime. No one was there to take care of me and all the burdens were on your shoulders. Yet you never complained. I know you had the chance to consider another marriage but you never did because you never wanted me to be a Cinderella. Who knows whether there will be a prince Charming for me to come and rescue me??? 
You gave up all your comforts to make me comfortable, you never tried even once to treat yourself better thinking of my happiness. Yet you never complained. 

Remember Daddy, the time I used to steal pencils from my friends at school?? You were very angry and you almost beat me. I was so shocked and I was angry with you. But after that night I saw you crying in the bathroom floor like a kid and only that day I realized you had tears hid inside you forcing them not to come in front of me and you were in so much pain. I'm so sorry Daddy I made you cry I still am. 

You were pissed when you found out that I secretly been driving Samantha's car and I was fifteen. You had sense enough to tell me what I did was wrong. You taught me how to drive after that and you made me get my license quickly. Thank you Daddy for understanding me... You are the best father ever....

You were over the moon when I told you that I got accepted to Julliard. You knew me best and you knew I could do better. Lucky you Daddy, you never had problems with me regarding boys. In your eyes, I was the most beautiful girl in the world but I knew myself just enough to tell you that I'm invisible to boys and I never had the love thing figured out. But I guess music let me see what I was looking for or whom I was looking for.  I could not tell exactly what was your expression when I told you about Jaden. I thought you were pissed a bit but I saw a sad tracing on your face too. I could not understand why but now I know better.

Tomorrow may be the biggest day in my life, my wedding. Jaden is a good guy you know he is and I'm sure he will take care of me just like you did. You gave up everything you had for me Daddy. You never let me feel the loss of mom. 
There are many unspoken things I wanted you to know Daddy. First it still amazes me thinking how you took care of me, with all the grieving over mom and yet you never complained. You had hard times with me but you never let me down. I know you felt lonely without mom but why didn't you get married? You beat me that day but you cried the pain out of me after that.. why Daddy why??? 

You put up with me you raised me what I am today. You were happy when I was happy. You were sad when I cried. Tomorrow is going to be a new beginning for both of us. For me with Jaden,for you without me. Whatever happens Daddy I will never ever leave you for you never left me even when you had the chance and I will always love you forever and ever....

Every girl has a prince in their heart but her Daddy is the king always.......
Love you Daddy...
Yours ever,
Nocole

If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment