Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Your Parents Need Your Love Too....

"On our 21st anniversary, my wife asked me for a dinner out not with her but another woman. She said that she loves me very much but she knows that this other woman also loves me perhaps more than she does and she'll be delighted to go out with you. This other woman she was talking about is my mother. My father passed away 19 years ago and I had spent less time with her ever since because I was so busy with my work and my three children. 
So I phoned my mother to invite her. " Why son? Is everything alright??" She asked me because it was late in the night. That's how mothers are. "Yeah mom, everything is okay. I'd like to meet you to have a chat. Two of us. How about dinner at Friday night?"

After a short pause she said, "I'd love to son." On Friday evening, I finished my work and went to pick up mother. I was a bit nervous because I haven't been to see her for a while. When I went there she was ready too. She was wearing the same dress she wore for her last anniversary dinner with dad. She smiled with me. Her eyes were twinkling with a glow. "I told my friends that I'm going out with my son tonight. They were very happy." She said. 
We went for a small restaurant with less crowd and more space. I took the menu to see what to order. After a while I saw my mother was staring at me with tearful eyes. She said with a smile, "Whenever your dad and I go out at your younger times, I used to order." 
We talk a lot of things that night, things I used to do when I was small, our family, neighbours, about my mother's friends. We chatted for a very long time, we laughed  and I noticed that she was very happy. When we left the restaurant it was nearly midnight. My mother asked whether if I like to go out on another day. I said "yes, I'd love to talk more with you mom."
After I came home, my wife asked me how was the dinner. I said "I have no words dear. It was great. Mom was very happy. I should take her out on another day."
But I could not fulfill my wish because my mother passed away the following week. After the funeral one of my mother's closest friends came to me and gave me an envelope. I opened it after I came home. It was another bill from the same restaurant that we went. Attached to it was a note.
"Dearest son,
I reserved seats for another dinner but I don't know whether I will make it. Still I reserved two seats for you and your wife. I don't have enough words to express how much it was for me, the time we spent at that restaurant. I love you a lot my son."
At that instant I realized the value of spending time with loved ones. 
The most important thing in one's life is the family. If we don't spend time with them whenever they need us, we will always regret it later. Especially considering your parents who have spent their entire youth raising us now living alone at their last days of life."
Love your Family. Love your Parents. 
-An article from the Internet-

If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment