Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Saturday, July 21, 2012

An Easy Way To Make A Fabulous Greeting Card! Yes, You can do it too!!!

I just love making greeting cards! Don't you? Well, actually my leisure time is spent with matching colours and experimenting new paper arts to create cards. One of my friends birthday is getting close so I thought of why not this. I really don't know what this paper art is called but once made I'm pretty sure that you'll start making cards with this style. I'm only gonna tell you how to make the paper art and the rest of the decoration is up to you. Here we go.

Things you need

A sharp pointed paper cutter (I've used my dad's old surgical blade)
A pair of scissors
A ruler
pencils
A hard board or a sheet of some hard surface
Coloured papers of your choice


How to make

1. First, take the paper you want to make into a card and fold it into two. 

Fold the paper into two

2. Then on the inside of the card, draw a rectangle or a square or even a circle. Actually the shape doesn't matter. You can vary the dimensions. In my case it's a rectangle. This rectangle or square should not exceed the outer boundary  so leave some space and draw the shape.

Draw the shape you want

3. Then mark 1 cm or 1/2cm apart markings on either side and connect them to make a set of lines. 

Draw a set of lines

4. Now, take the hard surface and keep the paper on top and using your paper cutter cut along all these horizontal lines until the separate. Do not cut the other edges but try to make it neat as possible. 

This is how it looks like after cutting

5. Then take a pointed head such as an empty used ball point pen or an empty fountain pen and draw along the uncut edges. and the middle line of the card. This helps when we fold the lines.

Using a pointed head 
This is how it looks like after drawing 

6. Next fold the lines inwards skipping one after another.




You'll get a final look like this.
Inside the card
Outside Look

See, it's easy. Make sure you don't cut yourself while cutting the lines and don't make your line separation less than 1/2 cm because then there will be a greater tendency to break at the edges. However the smaller the separation, it looks nice. Here is the card I have made for my friend using this style. 




If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment