Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Friday, March 30, 2012

E TREE......................................... LEAF FOUR

Student Registry- Modified Version



White Lotus was just another school for outsiders but for us it was not only about books and exams. From the very first day, we were taught to discipline ourselves by practicing concentration and peace in physical activity. I did not stay at hostel because my home was not that far from White Lotus and so did Cher. She became my best friend since our little conversation at the Assembly Arena but I got the chance to get friendly with others in my class too. One of the notable characters I found was Yaarah. She was a very domineering character who became our class monitor in the first term. I remember making a mental note not to get too close to her which turned out to be pretty lame afterwards because Yaarah turned out to be quite nice. Dino was another girl in my class who was so obsessed with films that whenever she watched a film, we were to listen to her review about it. 


Our class mistress was Mrs. Anjaa. She was a funny stout woman. Unlike many teachers, her specialty was calling us by our surnames. Even though we were in 6th Standard we felt like we are in an office because of constant calling outs of surnames. Other than that my school life was pretty much average. Getting alone with the subjects, the whole grade was to write an English test. The marks determined our classes from a scale of A to E where we will continue to learn English during English periods. It was quite fun actually because we got to know lots of other students from different classes. I was glad and sad at the same time about the fact Cher was in A class while I was in B. There were around 40 students in that class where I made my first ever English speech. Unlike the traditional myself speech, it was about crow; the scavenger. 

Whenever we switched back from the English lessons, Cher starts jabbering about other girls from her class. 
“You won’t guess with whom I sat today, Ish!!!! It was Senu. She’s from my former school!!! You know, the girl with a tiny ponytail???” I knew about whom Cher was talking because I noticed her too. She was rather dark and a sporty looking girl. I did not like her because I thought her to be a show-off. 

“And you won’t believe about Kith!!! You were right. Her hair is natural!!! I actually had to get up to get a closer look at it to decide whether it’s a real mushroom or a mushroom shaped hair cut.”

“Don’t be so rude Cher. No one can have a mushroom for hair!”

“Okay, okay I was just joking! And guess what I heard! I mean I read!! She wants to be friends with me. I guess she has so much potential than many around here. By the way her power is one of the weirdest I’ve ever seen. She can write poetry and her poetry becomes true if she wishes. Glad she is not using them for evil.”

“I thought you were not allowed to use your mind reading thing on other students, Cher. You’ll get caught!”

“But I can’t stop it. Can you stop breathing, can you? My power is like breathing to me. And it’s at a very primary stage so only one at a time. Besides remember Mrs. Anjaa told us that some powers are allowed to be used at all times because they are at constant use? Mine is like that.”

“Okay, as you wish then. But still it’s not good, Cher.”

Every thought on E Tree counts. Please feel free to comment and review below.
Leaf Three

If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment