Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Monday, March 12, 2012

E TREE......................................... LEAF THREE

The Past & The Future


I did not know how to react to the fact that I’m a Mind’s Eye. Imagining you in a legend is far different from actually being in the legends. With aroused curiosities we were lead out of the Assembly Arena to our classrooms. There were five classrooms and I was in the C class with my curly brown haired friend, Cher. I soon realized that I was not the only one left with tons of questions about Mind’s Eyes. To be one hundred percent true, all I knew about them was that Mind’s Eyes are humans who are extremely gifted with powers of mind and they were legendary. I never thought of seeking information about them beyond legends which now left me in a position of desperation. Just like my name, Cher seemed to understand me and suddenly start jabbering fast like we’ve been friends since kindergarten.

“Can I call you Ish?? I mean Ishnoya is quite hard….”
“to pronounce, I know” I completed the sentence with a smile.
I was used to being call Ish more often than my full first name. Feeling quite confident Cher continued.

“Even I thought Mind’s Eyes are too good to be true but I was barely seven when I found out that my mom is a one. Freaked me out the first time she levitated my plate but I think it’s quite cool now. Then my brother turned out to be the same like mom when I was nine. I personally believe that I and my brother ought to have mixed up our powers at birth. He likes my gift more than I do and I like his. And by the way he has the brain that is equal to what like ten super computers. So imagine being with him in the same house. I can hardly read the math sums, he gives away the answer. So no wonder that I still can’t do division and multiplication like you people all because of him. If not for my mind reading thing, I ought to have stuck in 4th standard. Mom says it’s cheating but with my brother around, how can she even complain!! I mean of course she tells him not to but still!!! A brother is a brother and a brother’s duty in life is to irritate us to death and mine is sworn to do so….”

Cher took only 10 seconds to jabber all this. So to let her breathe and in search of more info about I asked, “Yes yes, I understand. They are all the same. Anyway I really don’t know how to react to all this, but I was wondering…”

“Oh, sorry my sweet memories about my darling brother make me unstoppable sometimes. Actually it all starts with the legend. I know you are familiar with it but all the same it’s better if I point out some facts in the legend.” And she took me to the beginning where it all began. 

“There was a young girl named Maya who lived up in the village surrounded by the Seven Sacred Hills known as Sapthaarya. Every day early in the morning, Maya used to climb up the shortest of the Sapthaarya which was also known as Maya Hill. When on top of Maya Hill, the most beautiful scenery one can see in nature can be seen. It is the rise of Sun in East, Signing off of the Moon in West and several constellations of stars in the middle and it only lasts for three minutes and 23 seconds. This can only be seen here and nobody else except Maya knew about it. 

One day, when she came up to see it, one of the constellations was missing. It was the Pleiades or the Seven Sisters. In search of the Pleiades Maya sat there all day long and when the twilight came she saw six beautiful goddesses flying up into the sky. A seventh goddess was next to Maya waiting to take her flight. The goddess knew about Maya coming everyday to see the scenery and for her immense curiosity and loyalty to the Sun, Moon and Stars she took Maya with her to the sky. Maya saw the world from high up in the sky and experienced the most wonderful things about being up in the sky like extreme happiness and relief from worries and pain. By the end of another day Maya safely returned to the top of the hill. She was reluctant to let go. The Pleiades goddesses told her to go and discipline her mind everyday at the scenery in order to become one like them.

So every day after that Maya practiced to control her mind and by the end of seven days Maya could control her anger and extreme pain. By the end of a fortnight Maya could feel others thoughts. Eventually she learnt to levitate objects, transform their shape. She could make optical illusions. Even though with all these powers Maya did not dare telling anyone about her powers or the Pleiades but used her powers to help others. Because of her purity at heart and kindness, Pleiades goddesses took her into the sky and made her the shining guide star of East.”

Finishing with no signs of exhaustion Cher continued. “That’s the legend but however it is believed that before Maya became a star she married a peasant and had three children. Because the first ever Mind’s Eye is a female with a good heart, in honour, Pleiades blessed females to carry the gene of Mind’s Eyes. But there’s a bit controversy about the gene thing because according to the legend, even Maya obtained her powers after practicing the discipline of mind or meditation. Each Mind’s Eye has a different power and very rarely one can have multiple powers. There are Mind’s Eyes among males too. Good for us! Best part is our powers grow with practice and training. 

There are two important rules though. First is that you should not be foolish enough to tell non Mind’s Eyes about your powers because obviously they will think you are mad. Second thing is that you cannot use your powers for the ill being of others or for evil because you will lose your power at the very moment. But who cares? I’m not interested in being evil unless I’m with my brother. Think of what you can be and what you can do!!! Your future awaits Ish. Isn’t this wonderful? Anyways what is your power? I can’t feel it through your head. Hey don’t give me that look I can’t help bumping into other people’s thoughts. What is your Mind’s Eye ability really??"

With the same question in my mind I answered “Surprise! Surprise!! I’m also searching for it.”


Every thought on E Tree counts. Please feel free to comment and review below.


If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment