Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Home Made Nasi Goreng.....

So after ages of continuous studying and exams, I've finally got a vacation time to catch up with my blogging. "Designing is not an easy job and it definitely is not for light hearted people" that's what I learnt after two years of design work. Yes, it's very refreshing and interesting but all the same can be very stressful as well. While having all the fun with designing and planning, I occasionally find time to de-stress as well. My way of releasing stress is culinary art. Thank god, I had a blissful childhood with my grandmother who excelled in many cuisine around the world and I miss her dearly and her awesome, simple delicacies which inspired me to explore my takes on different dishes, meals and cuisines from around the world.... Oh, and please excuse for the quality of the picture. (Too hungry to take proper pictures, I guess... :P )



One of the easiest for us Sri Lankans to wipe up would be rice dishes because every Sri Lankan home has rice cooked at least once per day. I love eating home cooked rice and curry but when I feel like I'm all about improvising. When I was studying for my first year finals I had a craving for Nasi Goreng from a local restaurant we used to visit. But because I was too hungry and too lazy to go and get it, I tried throwing some similar ingredients I had at home and to my great surprise it came out real nice. After that I've been creating it for my family and friends and it is always a crowd-pleaser. This recipe is by all means is not the authentic Nasi Goreng but more like my version of it. It's simple, easy and takes like no time to assemble once you have all the ingredients and hell it tastes good as well. Hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as I did.

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked Basmati or white rice
2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 large Onion half chopped half cut into rings
2 tbsp Chinese chili paste
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
2- 3 tbsp tomato ketch up
1 teasp sugar
3/4 cup spring onion chopped
1 cup carrot diced or cut into thin strips
3-4 capsicum cut into rings
1/2 lb chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces (optional)
10- 12 medium sized prawns (optional)
2- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt to taste
Feel free to adjust the amount of sauces you want according to your preference

Method:

Heat up a wok or a sauce pan with vegetable oil. Add in the ginger garlic paste and let it loose its aroma.
Add the chopped onion  and cook until light brown. Add the chicken and carrot and let it cook for 2-3 minutes until chicken is not raw and add the ketch up into the mix, 
Add the chili paste, soy sauce and sugar. Let it all cook for another minute and add the prawns and capsicum. 
When the prawns get orangish colour lower the heat and add the onion rings and rice.
Add salt, (be careful because the sauces are salty too) mix everything well and take it off from the heat and add salt to taste and mix in the chopped spring onion and serve hot with a egg bull's eye on top.
Enjoy!

If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment