Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Friday, May 11, 2012

E TREE......................................... LEAF SEVEN

The Choice & The Cause


“Let’s go this way.” Cher took me towards the giant Banyan Tree near our classes. Every girl I ran passed seemed to watch me like something they have never seen. I hated the idea of being centre of attraction. Not for this at least! 
We bumped into Mrs. Slenn who stood on our way out.
“You are to see Headmistress young lady. And I thoroughly forbid you to run like zebras in corridors! You are supposed to behave like ladies. Now come along. You too (she was nodding towards Cher) lady.”

Oh! This has to be something regarding my view. First, I was afraid I might not see any view because I was not a Mind’s Eye. Now because I saw one I’m getting all this. Why me?? Errr!!!!! Cher’s involved in all of this now because of me. I looked at her to say I’m sorry and her expression was…. Well… unacceptable at the moment because she was SMILING! With showing her very white teeth too! What’s so funny?

Before my question was answered, we were at the Headmistress’ office. Mrs. Slenn told us to go inside. So we did.
“Close the door behind you Cher.” Ms. Cleanor told Cher. Take a deep breath now because we are in first name basis with our Headmistress!
“Sit down girls. You have done nothing wrong that I’m aware of so calm down. Especially you Ish.” She called me Ish. OMG!!!
“Well, your test results are with me and after you leave here, we are going to put them on Powerplay.” Eagle sharp eyes searching through. “I guess you have already found out what’s with your view Ish.”
She looked at me like we were in a Math class and she was expecting me to tell the answer to a Math problem.
“Umm….. errr….. I really don’t know ma’m.” I told the truth.
“Yet you have suspicions?” 

I did not answer that. I think I know the answer but I don’t want to hear it. What if I am? I’m just nothing out of nowhere. It’s not fair for a person like me to be something legendary. I’m not worthy.

“If your suspicion is whether what you saw was exactly the same described in the legend or not, my answer would be yes, it is the same my dear.”

Silence ruled the room for a while.

“If your suspicion is about whether you possess superior Mind’s Eye powers or not, my answer would be may be.”
“Pardon me ma’m what do you mean by may be? If she had the same view doesn’t that mean she has the ability?” Cher turned my thoughts into words.

“You should not forget the most important rule we all stand by Cher not as Mind’s Eyes only but as humans as well. You have genes in other words ability to handle powers of the mind. But it is for you to decide whether you take it or not. No one can force you to become a Mind’s Eye. Only the discipline in your mind can make you a Mind’s Eye. Even if you have the gene it’s your choice and what matters is the choice. You decide whether you want it or not. But keep in mind why you chose it and why it chose you.”

“I can choose not to become one if I want to?” 

“Yes Ish you can. But before that I want you to think why you were chosen to carry the gene. Ask yourself. Search inside you. Ask Cher because friends often identify you better than yourselves.”
Confused but I wanted answers. What is she talking about? What does Cher know about me? I looked at Cher she was wearing a beautiful smile. 

“I’m sorry Ish. You know my power is beyond myself and I want you to know when I saw you at the Assembly Arena for the first time, I became friends with you not because I read your mind to see who you really are but my heart knew we could become best friends. I did not use my power to become friends with you.”
Alright, now that’s a something that never occurred to me. Cher could select her friends just by running a mind scan to see whether they are suitable or not. 

“But as a safety precaution I usually read everyone I ever talk with. Please don’t blame me because I’m sure anyone with my power would do the same. So when I saw you I read your mind.”
She waited for a while.

“You have one of the kindest minds I’ve ever read. You don’t stay shut up in front evil like most of the people. You have the strength to stand up and say no to any wrong doer even if he or she is the president or the king. Most of the time, you do things not for your own benefit but for the others. You are the most patient person I’ve ever seen. Basically I think you have all the qualities to become a good leader and that’s why I think you can have control all the super powers if you want to. And according to Ms. Cleanor it could be the vice versa.”

“Yes, it’s a possibility.” Ms Cleanor cleared her tone. “May be because you carry the gene, you are having all these qualities. We cannot be sure whether they are your born qualities or not but you sure do have them.”

“But I’m not what you are saying. I’m afraid of heights. I scream at the slightest vision of a cockroach or a spider. I cry whenever I’m sad. I’m afraid of punishment. I’m…. I’m…. I’m a coward.”

Just like I said, I started crying in front of them. I was afraid to admit it. Now I’ve said it. I’m a coward……..

Every thought on E Tree counts. Please feel free to comment and review below.
Leaf Six                                                                                                                        Leaf Eight

If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment