Blogger Widgets
Subscribe:

Monday, April 30, 2012

E TREE......................................... LEAF SIX


The View 



For better or for worse, I am a Mind’s Eye. Otherwise I wouldn’t have been called upon that stage. And I’m about to discover what my power is. Now that is not normal for a teenage girl. I had to admit I was all sweats when Ms. Cleanor called my name. 

“Klause, Ishnoya”

I stepped pass the white line. Every time when a student passes that line, it glows for a second and then comes back to normal. Later, I found out that it was a high tech device to identify and confirm students with finger print scanning, DNA probing, Retina identification, blood grouping and brain activity detectors within one tenth of a second. Obviously, it was an invention from the future foreseen by Ms. Cleanor. I guess Cher’s long term question about Ms. Cleanor was answered when she passed the line. 
“Stand on the X spot marked, Ishnoya and state clearly everything you see. Take your time if you need.” 
Ms. Cleanor’s voice was like a distant siren horn inside my head now. I was never a stage person in my life. Audience makes me break into sweats and shakes. This was no difference. I guess Ms. Cleanor felt that too. She took a deep breath and touched my right shoulder. For a minute, I thought she is falling asleep but then she opened her eyes with two quick blinks and stared at me. 
“I know I’m panicked!!!” My head was yelling at her. But she continued to stare and slowly told me to take a deep breath and forget everything else and gaze into the sky.
“Okay. Ummm….. I can do that.” my head was gaining control again. And I looked up to discover what was waiting. First, I saw the normal sky suitable for a normal night. Nothing unusual. There were bright stars all over against dark blue background. Moon was in full rather than a beautiful crescent. It was drifting towards my right. There was a faint trace of light from the left like when the Sun is about to be up. I was quite a view. One of the best….. Corrected….. The BEST thing I’ve ever seen in my life. 
A faint voice dragged me back to reality. It was Ms. Cleanor asking for what I see. I told her everything I saw including the best thing I’ve seen sentence. She gave a nod and told me to go to my class. I was glad to get off that mountain top and went straight to my class to find Cher and tell everything I saw. I bet she saw something better than I because she has a strong gift. Our results with Power IDs were due next morning when our second training session starts. 
“Slow down, Ish! Your thoughts are speedy than Usian Bolt himself. I get it. One thought at a time. Okay. Let’s see.” 
Cher tuned into my thoughts of recalling my view at the Camp. It was fun to watch her face throughout the whole tuning thing. First she was like a fed investigating a criminal. Then she gasped several times with phrases like Holy….., It can’t be…. and Oh!!. Finally she was staring at me with a vacant expression which reminded me Ms Cleanor.
“Hey, while I was on the top, Ms Cleanor acted a bit strange. She stared at me like you are now which really irritated and irritates me for your information. Any guesses???” I asked her.
“Yeah I know exactly why she did that and I’m not surprised that anyone else wouldn’t do the same if you have told them what you saw.”
Okay that irritates me more. “What’s wrong with my view?”
“Nothing’s wrong. That’s the thing Ish.” Cher is off her limits now. I really hate when she goes around the fact.
“Should it be wrong???? I mean it was just stars. What did you see?? Tell me.”
“Oh!! How can you forget!! You are utterly and undeniably lousy at mind!!! You have any idea about what exactly you saw??? Any resemblances??? Can’t you remember anything that might be ringing bells inside your head right now???” 
“I don’t know. I don’t know Cher. What is going on? I can’t remember……” And in the middle of that sentence, a fire rekindled inside my head. The view I saw is exactly like the one little girl Maya saw in the legend. Or is it???
“Yes, It is and do you have any idea what that would mean?” A second ago she was all nuts and angry that I didn’t remember but now Cher was beaming at me. 
“Oh no. No no no. You are getting all wrong there. It was just a view. Nothing like the legend. Zero. Nada! I bet plenty of students must have seen what I saw.” I was had no idea what’ s going on. No way!!! 
“Well, there’s only one way to find it out.” Cher was all smiles and I knew what she was going to do. 
“Are you crazier than I thought??? Wait. You can go and search into other’s heads. That’s illegal Cher.”
“Says who??? I’ve already quoted you Ish. Mine cannot be put into a halt like other powers. So relax. And I’m not doing this as a favour. I need to find what’s going on too. Let’s see whether you are our Super Mind’s Eye or not.”
“DON’T CALL ME THAT. I’M NOT!!!! YUCK!!!! You are a nut you know Cher!! And don’t let anyone know about my view.”
Cher stopped walking towards the corridor and turned with what looked like a fading smile. “Errr… well that’s bit of a complicated thing now. You see there are other mind readers at White Lotus. There are already two including me in our grade. So unless Aaarchin told the others about your vision, you are safe.” 
Arrgh!!!! My secret is not at all a secret now. Two of the girls emerging from the E class was already chatting and pointing their fingers towards me. 

“Okay. Don’t panic. Only god can save me now….” My head thought.


Every thought on E Tree counts. Please feel free to comment and review below.



If You Like This Kindly Share it



0 comments:

Post a Comment